Tuesday 20 January 2015

Entry 21: Public Transit, Final School year, Transit Redesign Meeting, and My Future

Hello everyone,
I'd like to warmly welcome everyone to 2015. 2015 is expected to be a huge change for the way we look at transportation and my final year at college. So let us begin to look at public transit, my final year at college, my own transit redesign, and my future career.

Public Transit
Back in November 2014, Grand River Transit proposed huge transit improvements for September 2015 include the following:
- The removal of all the extensions on local routes
- Route 7 being condensed from Fairview Park to Conestoga Mall
- The Zeller Drive neighbourhood getting bus service.
- The 204 Victoria-Highland iXpress (Ottawa/Lackner to the Boardwalk)
-Stage 1 of The 205 Ottawa Street iXpress (Ottawa/Lackner to Courtland)
These are just some of the service improvements proposed for September 2015.

Final Year at School
This section will tie in with the Public transit section above. Back in November, my friend and I attended the majority of the Public Consultation Meetings for the proposed 2015 service improvements, as well as request from my GRT driver friends. For the very first of the meetings, I brought up the recently implemented 203 Mid-Region iXpress from Cambridge Centre to Sportsworld Crossing and Conestoga College Doon and Cambridge campuses during peak hours. The planner looked at me and asked "your name wouldn't be David by any chance would it?" I said my name is David Sej, yes. Then I got feed back from my ideas I sent into them, the planners really liked it. So, at the second last final meeting, the planner that knows me set up a meeting so I could present my own transit redesign to get feedback as well as agin information.

Transit Redesign Meeting
December 17, 2014, I went to the Regional Building on Frederick Street for my meeting with the Planners. Unfortunately the planner that set up the meeting was ill so, the head planner filled in for him. Both planner and the head planner really liked my redesign. After the meeting I told my GRT friends what options the 2015 service finalized map would look like.

Future Career
Since I have been studying many transit systems in Ontario, I am looking at becoming a Planner and Scheduler. I believe getting my passion and hobby and turning it into a career would defiantly benefit myself as well as the Region Community.

That is the 1 blog post of 2015, I hope every enjoys it.

David S.

No comments:

Post a Comment